I was chosen as a nominee for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Melissa, over at Little Frugal Homestead. She is a former South Carolinian who left her home here in The Palmetto State to start another adventure as a self-sufficient homesteader in rural Georgia. She and her husband are having great fun growing their own vegetables, raising chickens, and creating recipes from the bounty of their home place. You can visit her blog here. She and her friends at the Farm Fresh Tuesday Blog Hop never shun my not-so-self-sufficient posts, but allow me to join right in along with their chicken tips and vegetable freezing stuff.
What is The Sunshine Blogging Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award bestowed on bloggers by fellow bloggers. Peer recognition for being creative, inspirational, talented, and in Melissa’s opinion, kind. Kindness, above all else, spreads sunshine in this life and in our blogging community. I would also like to add helpfulness to that list of qualities as well. As bloggers, we can be helpful to one another; or not.
Requirements of Nominees
The nominees of the Sunshine Blogging Award are asked to acknowledge the blogger that nominated them, and nominate a few other bloggers. Each blogger also receives a list of 11 questions to answer, and is asked to come up with 11 questions for his/her nominees. I love that part! What a GREAT way to get to know each other!
Questions From Melissa
- Where would you most like to visit? I would love to go to the Black Forest in Germany, and buy a cuckoo clock.
- If you could have dinner with one living person, who would that be? I would love to have dinner with Ree Drummond (aka the Pioneer Woman), and ask her about her journey from food blogger and homeschooling mama to mega Food Network Star.
- What is your favorite thing to blog about? The answer to that is easy- home. I love feathering my nest, and thriving in my home on our one income. I like to encourage other people that are trying to do the same.
- How has blogging changed since you started? I haven’t been seriously blogging for that long, but I have been reading blogs for years. I don’t like going to a blog that has sliding ads on top of it, or pop up thingies on top of what I’m trying to read.
- Do you have any advice for a new blogger? Say yes to things before you actually know how to do them. I think this philosophy could be applied to life as well, but especially to areas where you want to grow.
- What do you like most about where you live? I like the views in the SC Lowcountry, and the sunshine.
- Tell us something we wouldn’t know about you, just by reading your blog. I’m left handed.
- Why did you decide to start a blog? I’ve always loved writing. I used to watch Doogie Howser and wish I had a computer to journal on, the way he did.
- What is your favorite place to eat? I love Cracker Barrel. That includes the food and the store.
- Would you ever write a book? If so, what kind? I actually have a 26,000 word middle grade novel that needs editing. It has too much telling, and not enough showing. Hopefully someday I can tweak it, and find a literary agent.
- What are you most proud of in your life? I’m proud that I taught my children to love the Lord, even though they have their own free will and aren’t all believers at this point. I have great faith each one will know Jesus as their Savior someday.
My Nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award
The bloggers that have been the most helpful and encouraging to me are Debbie from Debbie-Dabble Blog, Joanne from Our Unschooling Journey Through Life, Jennifer from Lifetales Books, Beverly from Across the Blvd, and Marilyn from Marilyn’s Treats.
Debbie takes the time to comment on most of the parties she links up with. She also thanks each party host in her blog when she is featured. She tells us newcomers how blogging used to be, and although I’m sure she misses the less commercially driven atmosphere of the past, she hangs in there with all of us. Debbie is also funny. Her stuff makes me laugh. Even if her experience or opinion differs from mine, she still supports me. I like that.
Joanne was one of my first encouragers. She takes the time to comment on at least one post of each party guest for every party she hosts. Although I’ve been blogging since 2016, I didn’t purchase my domain, or really get out there, until 2018. She commented on my posts when no one else did. When I read her posts, I feel like I know her.
Jennifer was so encouraging as she passed the baton of her Heart and Soul Link-Up onto me (it’s now called the Little Cottage Link Party). She tries to help us lazy folks transfer our digital media into hard copies that we’ll never lose. She is a great asset to her company, Heritage Makers.
Beverly has answered my damsel in distress call several times. She has sent me a code that I deleted, advised me regarding my party page, and explained the right way to schedule a post in advance. She never makes me feel dumb for asking a question. Scheduling posts in advance has been a great asset, especially for a homeschooling mama like me. Beverly is also down here in my neck of the woods, which makes me like her even more.
Marilyn is amazing, and funny. She always replies to comments, and writes helpful posts about blogging from time to time for us Johnny-come-lately bloggers. She tells us about her blog updates, and her personal highs and lows. I love hearing about her granddaughter, and when she writes, “Now for the news around here.” She is the one that inspired me to stop putting all my weekly posts at the beginning of my parties. Sometimes I will include a relevant post, but usually I let people know a little bit about what’s going on in my life. That’s why we blog, right? We want to get to know and encourage one another.
My 11 Questions for Sunshine Blogger Nominees
- What is your favorite book, and why?
- What did you do before blogging?
- What time of day do you blog?
- Do you worry about the time it takes to blog?
- What is your pet peeve regarding bloggers/blogging?
- Is there anything you’d like to write about, but don’t feel the freedom to do so?
- What skill would you like to learn, that you haven’t learned before?
- Do you have a dream? If so, what is it?
- Who is your favorite Disney Princess, and why?
- What current decor trends do you dislike?
- What is your decorating style?
Thanks Again, for the Nomination
Thanks again, to Melissa from Little Frugal Homestead. Not only is it a great honor to be nominated by you, but to know my fellow bloggers a little bit better after participating in the nominee process.
Linking up here
If you liked this post, subscribe to Love My Little Cottage here