Hugs and Kisses Valentine Sweater WreathI’ve been admiring from afar all the beautiful things my talented blogging sisters have created with their old sweaters. I’ve seen pillows, ornaments, mug cozies, footstool covers and many more amazing upgrades. Inspiration finally struck for my own sweater upcycle project with this Hugs and Kisses Valentine Sweater Wreath.
- sewing machine and basic sewing supplies
- heart sign from Dollar Tree
- white chalk paint
- liner and round paint brushes
- light-colored chalk (not pictured)
- Poly-Fil (stuffing)
- acrylic gloss sealer
- mechanical pencil
- wire wreath form
- floral wire
- an old sweater
- fake fur scrap
- decorative foam glitter hearts from Dollar Tree
- safety pins
- I chose not to use the ribbon in the last picture.
- hair dryer (not pictured)
Instructions:Tie the arms of the sweater into a tight knot in front. Sew your fake fur strip across the collar of the sweater. You want to sew the collar shut in the process. Set aside. Tie a big handful of stuffing to each section of the wire wreath form with the floral wire. Make sure you twist the wire into a ball on the back side- to keep those pesky wires from poking through later.
- If you like this post subscribe here to receive every Love My Little Cottage Post in your email.
- Read No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie here
- Make your own Mommy & Me Mini Valentine Pillows here
Happy Valentine’s Day!
KristieThis post will be linked to all applicable linky parties on my Linky Party List.