*This Post contains affiliate links.
Have you ever bought something with the intention to create a certain project, then made something completely different in the end? I bought a pink Levis Ex Boyfriend Trucker Jacket from Macys early in the fall. I planned to paint an autumn scene on the back panel, but never felt inspired. Motivation + inspiration finally led to a Snowy Cabin Trucker Jacket.
Materials for Snowy Cabin Trucker Jacket
- Ex Boyfriend Levis Trucker Jacket
- textile medium
- Apple Barrel Paints- 20403E White, 21481E Key West, 20717E Bright Blue, 20432E Nutmeg, 20404E Black, 21390E Khaki, 20760E Kings Gold, 20471E Bright Yellow, 20407E Hunter Green, 20713E Spring Green, 2605E Crimson, 2602E Bright Magenta
- paint brushes- 5/8″ angle brush, 1/8″ flat brush, small round brush, liner brush
- DecoArt Craft Twinkles (brush on glitter paint)
- snowy cabin sketch- feel free to print mine from above
- paper bag or newspaper
- straight pins
Instructions for the Snowy Cabin Trucker Jacket
Pin a paper bag (or cardboard or newspaper) inside the jacket to prevent paint seepage. Use the angle brush to paint the top third of the back banel with Key West. During this project, you will add a few drops of textile medium to each paint color used. Add a six-inch section of White to the bottom. Scallop the bottom edges with the same angle brush and White + Key West. The background paint should cover a little more than half of the back panel.
Transferring the Pattern
Print the pattern from the supply list. I altered the pattern slightly. I did not add the big hardwood tree, the small pine tree, or the candy canes. I decided to give the cabin a snowy theme rather than a gingerbread house theme. I can wear a winter-themed jacket longer than a Christmas jacket. The glitter paint and red cardinal make the design suitably festive for Christmas as well. Rub colored chalk on the back of the pattern and trace onto the jacket with a pencil.
Now for the Fun Part
You’re all done! I hope you enjoyed my Snowy Cabin Trucker Jacket tutorial! No time to paint your own? Order a long-sleeved Cabin Cozy t-shirt with this design from my ETSY Store.
Merry Christmas Season,
Subscribe to Love My Little Cottage here.